When you think of Halloween, do pumpkins pop into your mind? If you've never set foot in a pumpkin patch, you're in for a delightful surprise!
What is a pumpkin patch? Initially, a pumpkin patch was a garden area where pumpkins were grown and nurtured.
‘Pumpkin’ is a large fruit, usually orange-yellow in color with a thick rind. The word ‘patch’ refers to a small piece of ground that is usually used for gardening.
In modern use, pumpkin patches are farms in the countryside that merchandise a significant amount of pumpkins.
From spooky to splendid, pumpkin patches are the heart of Halloween and fall festivities! Please keep reading to discover their abundant offerings!
Pumpkin Patch Season
Pumpkin patches can be as big as a tradesman wants them to be. Only some of the pumpkins are grown at the site itself.
Often, they are purchased in large quantities and marketed on-site. Visiting a pumpkin patch to select pumpkins later carved and used for ornamentation is a tradition in the United States.
Pumpkin patches are usually opened to the public in the months of September and October when Halloween celebrations are at their peak. They often give you an excellent opportunity to view various types of pumpkins that you wouldn't see elsewhere.
Ready to become a pumpkin pro? Dive into this guide:
Pumpkin Patches Near You
There are several pumpkin patches around the United States, each one unique from the other.
Before visiting one, you must do your research. PumpkinPatchesandMore is the perfect website to find a pumpkin patch that is nearest to you.
Best Pumpkin Patches in the United States
Here is a list of our picks of the best pumpkin patches located in the United States and the activities they provide to the public:
Shady Brook Farm
Shady Brook Farm, located in Yardley, Pennsylvania, is a well-known pumpkin patch that conducts its ‘Fall Fest’ from September 8th to October 29th .
Online ticket prices vary between $15 and $35, while gate ticket prices fluctuate from $20 to $40, contingent on the date and time.
General admission to this pumpkin patch includes the following:
- 5-acre corn maze
- Pumpkin patch
- Wagon rides
- LIVE music
- Tasty food offerings
- Spirited drinks
- Plenty of kids' activities
- Eerie Illuminations: A thrilling Halloween light show.
Don't miss out on this one-of-a-kind autumn experience!
For more details, visit Shady Brook Farm
Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch
Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch, located in Middletown, Maryland, is a 131-acre farm.
Their pumpkin season 2023 will last from the 21st of September to the 31st of October. Following are the activities available at Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch:
- Hayrides: Journey to the heart of the pumpkin patch and pick your own pumpkin.
- Corn Maze: Challenge yourself and navigate through the intricate pathways.
- Jumping Pillow: Bounce away and feel the joy in every leap!
- Petting Zoo: Connect with friendly farm animals awaiting your hello.
- Farm Basketball: Aim and shoot in a rustic backdrop.
- Play Areas: Perfect spots for the young to release that boundless energy.
- Instagram-worthy Photo Ops: Capture the essence of fall in every frame.
Weekdays have never looked this inviting! Stroll through fields with choices and hand-select the perfect pumpkin in their expansive 3,000 sq. ft. shopping area! It offers a collection of autumn-inspired goods that'll resonate with your festive spirit.
Young or old, friendly farm animals are ready to meet and greet at their petting zoo or play farm basketball.
All of the above are free!
On Fridays, not only can you enjoy complimentary admission, but you can also indulge in these affordable delights:
- Fall Shopping: Find unique autumn treasures.
- Corn Maze: Navigate the twists and turns for just $8.
Saturdays and Sundays
For a mere $12 admission, enjoy an array of autumn experiences that'll make your day unforgettable!
But that's not all! Enhance your visit with additional delights available for purchase:
- Fall Shopping: Discover and shop for unique autumn-inspired items.
- Concessions: Quench your hunger with delicious treats.
- Corn Cannon: Price to be determined - unleash the thrill!
- Pony Rides: Take a delightful trot for just $6.
- Face Painting: Add a splash of color and fun for only $3.
Embrace the magic of fall!
For more details, visit Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch
Duffield’s Farm, located in Sewell, New Jersey, offers pumpkin-picking hayrides in the fall. Their 'Fall Fun' season starts on the 16th of September and ends on October 28th.
You can also crisp apples straight from the tree along with your pumpkin patch hunt. The harvest awaits!
Here's a quick guide to pricing for your delightful day:
- Apple and Pumpkin Picking: Just $7.99 lets you immerse in the thrill of the harvest.
- Hayride: Experience the rustic charm of the farm with a hayride priced at $15.99.
- Pumpkin Picking: For those exclusively on the pumpkin trail, it's $20.99.
- Small Apple Bag: Stock up on a modest bounty of fresh apples for $35.99.
- Large Apple Bag: If you're thinking bigger, this one costs $28.99.
- Small Bag Apple/Pumpkin Combo: Get the best of both worlds in one convenient bag for $43.99.
- Large Bag Apple/Pumpkin Combo: This combo costs $43.99 for the ultimate harvest enthusiasts.
Embrace the season's joy, fill your bags with the fresh taste of fall, and create memories that'll last a lifetime!
For more information, visit Duffield’s Farm Pumpkin Picking Hayrides
Nash Ranch, located in Redding, California, offers the kids a top-notch Pumpkin Patch Festival. The season will start on September 30th .
Head over and "pick your own pumpkin" from an astounding array of over 30 varieties. That's not all; you'll find winter squash and gourds aplenty, all nurtured lovingly in a sprawling 20-acre pumpkin patch.
Mark your calendars for every weekend in October! The Pumpkin Patch Festival is in full swing, promising fun for enthusiasts of all ages. But wait, there's more:
- Lost in the Corn: The famed corn maze is back for 2022! Spanning 8 acres and boasting over 3 miles of trails, it's a challenge you won't want to miss. Think you can find your way out?
- Spooky Nights Ahead: The maze transforms as dusk settles on Fridays and Saturdays. Gear up for the haunted maze and let the chills run down your spine. And if that's not enough, dare to venture into the Dreams of Darkness Haunted House. Get ready for an adrenaline-packed adventure not for the faint of heart. Curious? All the spine-tingling details await at Dreams of Darkness Haunted House.
- Crafty Weekends: As you bask in the festive vibe, don't miss the crafters showcasing their unique gifts and delectable craft foods every weekend. If you're a crafty soul looking to join as a vendor, remember to arrive before 10 a.m. to set up.
So, gear up for an autumn experience unlike any other.
For more information, visit Nash Ranch Pumpkin Patch
The Great Pumpkin Farm
The Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence, New York, offers the greatest Fall Festival. They are held from September 16th to October 31st.
WEEKDAYS are FREE at the Pumpkin Farm, with a small exception for Columbus Day. So, what can you expect during your weekday visit?
Find many Halloween decorations and gifts, indulge in old-fashioned candy, savor the sweet taste of apple cider, and treat yourself to freshly baked goods. (A little insider tip: If you're craving those delicious donuts, plan a weekend visit, as they're specially made then!)
During Festival Weekends and Columbus Day, admission costs $15 per person, with a special rate of $12 for seniors aged 65 and over. Notably, children aged two and under can enter for free.
Other activities await:
- Activities Galore: From navigating the 5-Acre Cornmaze to bouncing on Jumping Pillows and challenging yourself with the Zombie Paint Ball Train, there's no end to the fun.
- Carnival Cravings: Let the aroma from Pumpkin Palace Bakery entice you. Fresh pies await! Plus, there's more – think apple cannons and gem panning.
- Included in Your Admission: Be mesmerized by Mike & Annie's Magic Show, bond with animals at the Petting Zoo, enjoy scenic Hayrides, and dive into exciting Contests & Crafts.
For more information, visit The Great Pumpkin Farm
Uncle Bill’s Farm
Uncle Bill’s Farm, located in Grinnell, Iowa, is the perfect place to have fun with your loved ones!
For 2023, the Pumpkin Farm season will last from October 1st to 29th. Entry is just $14 for ages 3 and up. And, if weather and ground conditions allow, you'll enjoy complimentary wagon rides to the pumpkin field, included in the admission until 5:30 p.m!
Groups of 30 or more get a $1 discount off the regular admission. For additional group options and special events, simply reach out to them for details and a quote.
- 10 Acres of Pumpkins: Wander through a vast expanse and find your perfect pumpkin.
- Uncle Bill’s Train Depot & Corn Bin: Experience a unique blend of fun and frolic.
- Cornfield Maze: Challenge yourself in this twisting labyrinth.
- Farm Animal Haven: Get close and personal with the friendliest farm animals.
- Tree House & Play House: Unleash the child in you with these playful spots.
For more information, visit Uncle Bill’s Farm
The Pumpkin Hollow
The Pumpkin Hollow, located in Syracuse, New York, is a great place to carry out your family Halloween tradition. Also, admission is free!
They offer 30 varieties of pumpkins and gourds along with corn stalks and Indian corn.
Discover a world of autumnal enchantment, you can:
- Frolic in a sea of vibrant pumpkins in the patch.
- Embark on nostalgic hayrides that whisk you through scenic routes.
- Connect with nature by feeding the farm animals.
- Savor the irresistible taste of apple fritters.
- Refresh yourself with a glass of fresh cider.
Nothing compares to creating memories with loved ones.
For more information, visit The Pumpkin Hollow
Papa’s Pumpkin Patch
Papa’s Pumpkin Patch, located in Bismarck, North Dakota, provides amazing opportunities for you to appreciate nature and have fun while you are at it!
From September 10th to October 21st, the gates of Papa's Pumpkin Patch will be open. A steal at just $6 per person. Little guests, infants, and toddlers aged two or younger, enter for free!
Complimentary Activities Awaiting You:
- Get lost in the winding paths of the Infamous Bale Mazes.
- Experience the thrill of Slide Mountain.
- Connect with nature on the Touchstone Nature Trail.
- Challenge yourself at the Log Jam and Corn Maze.
- Click that perfect fall picture on the Great Pumpkin's Chair or with Billy Bob the Cornstalk Horse.
- Let the kids revel in Papa’sville's wooden play structures, Corn Cribs, and the Super Sandbox.
- Feel the wind as you swing on Swings and More Swings.
- Dive into adventure with slack lines, rope tunnels, human foosball, and more!
Activities with a Nominal Fee:
- Ride in style with Horse-Drawn Hayrides and Monster Wagon Rides.
- Give the kids a treat with Pony Rides and Sebastian’s Barrel Train.
- Feel the adrenaline rush with Zip Lines and the side-by-side Obstacle Course.
- Test your aim with Corn Cob Sling Shots.
- Race away on Papa’s Pedal Carts.
To know more about the concessions they provide, their gift store, and other exciting offers, visit Papa’s Pumpkin Patch.
Lucky Ladd Farms
Lucky Ladd Farms, located in Eagleville, Tennessee, is about 45 minutes from Nashville. They offer a huge variety of pumpkins in various shapes, sizes, and colors.
Navigate your way through the intricate corn maze, handpick the ideal pumpkin to grace your home, and treat your taste buds to the irresistible sweetness of a juicy caramel apple.
But there's more than just sights and bites. It's the ambiance, the laughter, and the shared memories that truly stand out.
And that's precisely why so many families mark their calendars for Lucky Ladd's Fall Festival year after year for only $29.50 - $35.50.
For more information, visit Lucky Ladd Farms – Pumpkin Patch
Pumpkinland in Linvilla Orchards
Pumpkinland in Linivilla Orchards, located in Media, Pennsylvania, is open from September 16th to November 5th.
They have over a hundred tons of pumpkins, all varying in colors, shapes, and sizes on display.
Here's a quick rundown of what's in store:
Timed Ticket Attractions: (Remember to pre-purchase!)
- Pick-Your-Own Apples - Wander through expansive orchards and select the juiciest apples.
- Hayrides - Sit back and absorb the scenic beauty on themed hayrides.
- Mazes - Challenge awaits in the intricate mazes.
- Train - Hop on for a delightful journey around the farm.
- Fishing - Try your luck and experience the thrill of the catch!
Quick Note: Activities require tickets for everyone aged 1 and up, while those 11 months and younger enjoy for free!
For all other attractions, simply arrive and purchase tickets right on-site.
The Highlight - Pumpkinland:
Though these pumpkins are pre-harvested and showcased in bins, the vibe is enchanting. Behold the majestic larger-than-life figures and scarecrows that narrate tales from harvest seasons past, celebrating the rich history and fascinating tales of pumpkins and apples.
To know more, visit Pumpkinland in Linvilla Orchards
Baugher’s Orchards, located in Westminster, Maryland hosts an annual Fall Harvest Festival. It is in full flare on every weekend of October.
You can take their wagon rides to reach the pumpkin field and enjoy the breathtaking views of the farm. Along with pumpkins, you get to pick your own apples, sunflowers, and more.
Other attractions that Baugher’s Orchards offer include Pony Rides, Kettle Corn, Pit Beef, Ham and Burgers, Apple Picking, Pumpkin Bounce, Face Painting, Music, Homemade Fudge, Baked Goods and Ice Cream, and Apple Treats Stand.
For more information, visit Baugher’s Orchards Fall Harvest Festival
Three Cedars Farm
Three Cedars Farm, located in Northville, Michigan, is an old-fashioned pumpkin patch. You can enjoy their 7 Acre Cornmaze and the challenge that comes with it!
All you need to do is find the 3 cedar trees with a marker attached to them, hidden on the main paths of the maze. Mark them on your ticket for your chance to receive a reward at the season’s end.
Other attractions include Barn Yard Play Land, Hayrides, Train Rides, and Bonfires.
For more details, visit Three Cedars Farm
Find the best pumpkin patch nearest to you and make your Halloween warm, special, and traditional this year!
More About Pumpkins!
Looking to learn more about pumpkins? Check out these posts -
23 Things To Do With Pumpkins [Beyond recipes and decorating!]
A tip of the trowel to OpenAI's ChatGPT for helping cultivate this article.